Sunday, March 3, 2013

Saying our goodbyes - those tearful moments

 
 
Today was our last Sunday at Calvary North Phoenix. As Bob was singing, I couldn't help but reflect the love in my heart for all our friends and family that we have met through these doors and beyond the past 32 years. I know the work will continue by the power of His spirit just as it began years ago. As the tears rolled down my cheeks, they were tears filled with emotions of joy, sadness, and yet thankfulness for all that God has given and brought us through these past years. A song that I am reminded of seems to be our constant theme these days as it goes - " Bless The Lord oh my soul, oh my soul, worship his Holy name....". To have that heart of worship continually is so necessary, as it reflects the stability of our days.
 

For our friends, family and all our love ones we leave behind, Philippians 1:3-7 sums it up: "I thank my God every time I remember you.In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you - for you have a special place in my heart, for together we have shared the blessings of God."

Thank you all so much for the continued prayers and the encouragement to hold us up as we now venture out doing the work God has called us to do.
 

Psalm 105:1-6 -"Give thanks to The Lord and proclaim His greatness. Let the whole world know what He has done. Sing to Him; yes, sing His praises. Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds. Exalt in His holy name; rejoice, you who worship the Lord. Search for the Lord and for His strength; continually seek Him. Remember the wonders He has performed, His miracles and the rulings He has given, you...His chosen ones.

 

                                                                click here for song "I AM A PILGRIM"
 

4 comments:

  1. You are forever in my heart! Can't wait to hear all that our Mighty God is doing as you venture forth in faith! Much love and many prayers go with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE are praying for you both...........give um heaven....cause we were made for heaven...keep us all updated on the journey. Eph 3: 14-21 santosministries.org <

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a short clip from CCSP for your journey ...keep singing His praises.
    http://tinyurl.com/d5zq48t

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what that feels like...the tears of goodbyes...when we left for Belize we went through similar. Saying a prayer for you, friends.
    (You know this is D'vorah, right?)

    ReplyDelete