Monday, March 4, 2013

"My heart is set on pilgrimage" - Those distant shores....

 
 
" Fasten your seatbelts, we have been cleared for take off." Those words seemed at this moment to send me into the reality check of those distant shores on the other side of the pond. Feelings of being sad, leaving behind my loved ones and a comfortable land, to an unknown land, but yet excited with faith to see all that God is going to do. Sensing His comfort and presence as I was settling in for the long 10 hour ride, He gently reminded me of a scripture found in John 19:21 as Jesus was speaking "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you." Also in Deuteronomy 11:11-12 as it so beautifully states - "..the land you will soon encounter is a land of hills and valleys with plenty of rain-a land that The Lord your God cares for. He watches over it through each season of the year."

Blogging from some 33,000 feet, I can confidently say God is Good. As I reflect back over the last few months, our life these past months has been much like an hour glass. The beginnings of our journey to England was the top of the hour glass, slowly for 4 months sifting the sand through our time in America. The middle part is now with suitcase in hand traveling to our destination England. And the last part of the hour glass is the beginning of another journey, as we have reached our destination and now begin to serve God in the calling He has placed upon our hearts.
Seeing His faithfulness each and everyday , we walk in confidence in the direction He is now leading us, with a song in our heart and a sword in our hand (the Word). Deuteronomy 30:16 - "For I command you this day to love The Lord your God and to keep his commandments, walking in His ways. If you do this you will live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you and the land you are about to enter and occupy." Though we know there will be more giants in the future, more trials and difficult times, we come with thankful hearts knowing He will be with us through thick or thin. We give Him all the praise and glory. Psalm 139:9-10 says, "If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me."
 
So with feet to our faith we can say with joy - Goodbye, America - Hello, England!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. He is carrying you on eagles wings and He has yoy safe in His grip and knows the plans He has for you ♥ hope you get some rest tonight ... much love Jeanne

    ReplyDelete