Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Arriving in England - " Good day Sunshine"

 
Arriving in London at Heathrow to yes- a beautiful sunny afternoon as the Beatles would sing. It seemed the Lord was continually reassuring us of His presence as we walked down the corridor. Walking through customs with ease, we soon found all of our bins and suitcases intact - safe and sound. Should I be surprised ? No - With so much prayer, God truly made our pathway smooth. Psalm 33:4 "For the word of the Lord holds true and we can trust everything he does.
 
 
The travel now to Exeter was 3 hours long. But we are staying in a town called Newton Abbot just outside Exeter till we find a house. Our wonderful host Paul, who goes to the Exeter Calvary, so graciously met us at the door with a loving heart and arms outstretched to welcome us into his home. Serving us immediately with "a cuppa tea," we soon settled in for a good night's sleep...only to find he even served us with a hot water bottle in our bed to keep our feet warm! Lol, now that truly is a heart of a servant! Reminding me of the times my mum would do that for me when I was a little girl on those cold and chilly nights, offering comfort and care. It blesses me so much, to see how God uses those little things in our lives also to comfort, to care, and to provide assurance only to say that I love you, dear child, and everything is ok. Truly giving us rest unto our souls. Isaiah 33:6 says, "...for He shall be the stability of our days.."
 
 
As we are getting over jet lag these next few days and getting ready for Sunday, may this be our constant prayer -
Psalm 143:8 - Let me hear of Your unfailing love each morning , for I am trusting You. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to You.

Prayer requests :
 
Finding 4 or 5 bedroom house in Exeter
UK drivers license obtained
Logistics for international banking
Fellowship, hearts would be touched in learning God's Word
Ministry avenues open for evangelizing

 

No comments:

Post a Comment