Saturday, February 9, 2013

Steps of Preparation



Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your paths”  This verse seemed to echo in my heart throughout the coming days as I now set out to prepare for my journey to England.  It seems like so much to do, so little time…where do I begin Lord?”  These questions seemed endlessly to rumble throughout my mind. Upon driving to Prescott to minister one sunny but cold day, the mountains along the way seemed to catch my attention with their so defining peaks and valleys.  As I drove, God softly spoke to my heart, as if to say that there will be mountains and there will be valleys throughout this journey. There will be giants in the land that need to be conquered. 


Deut. 31:6-8  "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or panic before them.  For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you." 

Philippians 4:6 "Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done."

Prayer became my number 1 priority in preparation.   Such an encouragement to my soul.  So with a prayer list in hand and a song in my heart, I set out continually in prayer, asking the Lord to go before me in the land of the giants I would encounter; all the more knowing with confidence He truly will be glorified every step of the way.

 

Prayer list of those giants I would soon encounter:

1. Visas for our long stay in Britain

2. Cars to be sold

3. Storage for my memoirs

4. Selling of furniture

5. Home for Stanley our Bassett Hound

6. What to take, what to store, what to sell

 

No comments:

Post a Comment